Trinity Capella is a new mixed-voice chamber choir with a repertoire of advanced classical sacred music, from the Renaissance to contemporary, chant and traditional hymnody. Based at the Cathedral of the Most Holy Trinity, Waterford, this choir is for singers who like a fast-changing programme that will include mass settings by Mozart, Haydn and others, and motets and anthems from the 16th century through to the best contemporary works.
Directed by David Forde, Trinity Capella is open to experienced singers who are confident in sight-reading music, and who are seeking a fast-paced and more demanding repertoire of sacred choral works.
Trinity Cappella generally sings on one Sunday each month, with a Monday evening rehearsal on the week preceding from 7:00pm to 9:00pm. Trinity Capella also rehearses at 10:30am before the Sunday Mass being sung.
Joining Trinity Cappella:
- If you would like to join Trinity Cappella, here is what you need to know:
- You will need to be a confident singer, capable to technically challenging music
- You need to be committed to, and able, to attend rehearsals
- You need to be able to sight read music, and follow text in Latin as well as English
- You will need to prepare and learn music in advance
- You will need to attend an audition, which is on an individual basis, and will include sight-singing
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org