- Bereavement Counselling & Support, through Family Ministry Office, provides both local and outreach services within the Diocese of Waterford & Lismore, for bereaved adults through the provision of easily accessible support for people at traumatic times in their lives, particularly precipitated by death.
- The service is centralised at St. John’s Pastoral Centre where it operates on a formal basis under the guidance of a fully accredited IACP counsellor, a service secretary and a group of five volunteers all of whom are trained in the skills involved in helping people through the bereavement process and work to a strict code of ethics.
- Attendance is primarily by way of appointment.
- Services are totally free of charge, are professionally supervised and confidential within the law. They operate within the ethics and values of the Catholic Church, with strict adherance to the safeguarding standards, as set out by the National Board and the Diocese of Waterford and Lismore.
- The focus of work is with adults who have experienced loss, primarily but not exclusively, through the death of a loved one. At such times, bereavement support workers/counsellors can help by offering clients an opportunity to explore, understand and work their way through the grieving process.
- It is recommended that clients do not attend within the first six months following actual bereavement.
Contact Tel: 051-858772 to make an appointment.