The Catholic Diocese of Waterford and Lismore would like to advertise the following vacancy:
Part-Time Diocesan Advisor- Post Primary
- To provide support to Secondary School teachers by providing resources and helping them to evaluate their work.
- Advising schools on the catechetical syllabus, textbooks and helping to formulate policies.
- Providing pastoral support to chaplains and religion teachers and organising cooperation within the Diocese.
- Providing opportunities for teachers to participate in retreats and days of prayer and faith development at the Diocesan Retreat Centre in Glencomeragh House.
- Drafting an annual report for the Diocese of Waterford and Lismore.
- Based in St John’s Pastoral Centre, John’s Hill, Waterford.
- Travelling to schools in the Diocese when necessary
- 20 Hours per week
- Salary negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
- Reporting to the Bishop of Waterford and Lismore
The ideal candidate will possess an adept knowledge and understanding of the Catholic faith.
They will require their own transport for visiting schools and will have good communication and organisation skills.
A basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office would be needed.
Please apply in writing to [email protected] before March 10th, 2023